Thursday 11 October 2012

Im so fat now I have had a baby...

Well that is a slight lie, I have always been on the chunkier side of the scale but I want to let you know how I feel about my post baby figure. 

Ever since I can remember I have carried a little more 'love' than others and of course I have had the depressed 'I hate my wobbly thighs so much' phase and the Weight Watchers 'Salad for me, I'm on a diet' weeks. But do you want to know why I'm still fat, I love eating more than I desire to be thin. That's all it is, as simple as that.  




I never really gained too much weight when I had Finley, I couldn't tell you exactly as the midwife never weighed me once! Maybe she could sense my fear of scales hahaha but I still fit in the majority of all my clothes I wore before I was pregnant.

The only difference I have noticed is the belly has more wobble than it used too, I'm guessing this is due to all the stretching and baby growing that took place in there. But I'm totally fine with it, it wasn't like there was no wobble before! Plus it reminds me how amazing it was to be pregnant and what my body was capable of.




This is not to say I will never want to loose any weight ever again, of course I want to have a gander round Topshop and actually buy jeans that fit but right now I'm happy with who I am. Every time I get that 'fat' feeling I think 'you only had a baby in January' calm down, there is no rush! If/when I do decide to loose a few lbs it will not be until next year, I want to enjoy my maternity leave and savour every moment with Finley without worrying about loosing inches from my bingo wings. But if you have started loosing weight, wowzers I don't know how you do it, I'm too much of a snacker whilst not in work!

I'm making a stand for all those mums out there that haven't lost their baby weight, that don't have time to exercise every day and those that are actually proud of their wider hips and post baby glow.

What does annoy me is the press - the amount of pressure mums feel to spring back into shape within a matter of weeks is madness. They bombarded us with images of perfect looking women 3 weeks after birth, Louboutins on, full face of make up, hair washed and curled! How? Finley is 9 months old and I would say 90% of the time my hair is in a top knot and I have comfy pants on. Jessica Simpson is a perfect example, the press blasted her for gaining weight with her daughter and now they are all praising her for loosing so much weight so quickly, I'm sure if we all got paid 4 million dollars we would do it too.




Rant over :) I just wanted to say there is no rush or panic to look like you used too, but if you have managed to loose your weight that's amazing...I couldn't do it yet. All i'm trying to say is embrace whoever you are and once you have done that you will be so much happier. The chub-spiration pictures I have posted all through the post are courtesy of Pinterest.

If you have read this and want to tweet me its @beautylifebaby and make sure to #loveyourchub

I would be very interested to hear your views on this topic and if you have lost any weight since giving birth, how did you do it? 

Love Kayleigh x

2 comments:

  1. Just found this post and love it. I also have always carried extra love and I'm finally starting to be happy with who I am. The media are terrible for making you feel bad though, I've stopped reading most because it drives me up the wall!

    Also love the "loving your body only when your in shape....." So funny!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...